LO 3 is about developing a critical understanding of contemporary practice and its place in relativity to the historical use of photography.
In IAP there are a lot of new concepts and ideas. These all needed to be researched. Some examples of this research are:
- Research about essays that introduce the concepts:
- Bates – The Memory of Photography – talks about the use of archives, the way photographs effect our memory of things and the way the present plethora of digital images alter the way family memories are held.
- Research of a range of photographers who worked on a particular topic:
- Research specifically for an assignment:
- In Research for Assignment 3 I looked at the ways you can present a story and several different photographers, attempting to pull out what made their work successful.
- Research on a specific photographer: