Demonstration of Technical and Visual Skills:
- The images are clear although the lighting is variable
- I have shown a range of images of the club, including area shots, portraits of the members and details
- Putting the images into a PowerPoint show was the first time I have tried this
Quality of outcome:
- The story is told in the images
- I would have liked to redo some of the pictures, but this was impossible in the present climate
Demonstration of creativity:
- I have tried to be creative by using varied images and viewpoints
- The images are all straight documentary photography, and this was important to telling the story. It is about a club and a series of events rather than about emotions and feelings.
- The whole assignment was based on the work done in part 3
- I have done extensive reading of story-telling picture essays – this is a rabbit hole that it is far to easy to fall down.
- The context should be seen in relation to work such as the Summer Camp by Mark Steinmetz, although this group of people covered a wider age range.