- Thinking about Art – Penny Huntsman
- A general theory book about art designed for A level students, read to try and update my woefully absent knowledge about the general history of art and therefore how photography fits into it. Most useful info gained is about the hierarchy of images from the past, a useful glossary and the final chapter on gender and ethnicity.
- Cindy Sherman – how this artwork changed my life
- An interview with Jenny Saville, discussing how working in a different place changed her outlook
- Sleep Creek by Hausthor & Guilmoth
- A somewhat creepy, gothic photobook about America. Beautiful images. Some absolutely scary
- Family Secrets -Annette Kuhn
- Fascinating book looking at memory and how photographs help you understand the past and its effect on you
- Finally took some pictures for Assignment 2, however they were probably the worst images I have taken in ages. The focus was not correct (no idea why), the background too complicated, his Mum liked them though!
- Secondary to above I have now spent some time dying and painting a neutral backdrop to try out
- Pictures of hands doing things for Exercise 3.2 – done.
- On holiday for 2 weeks so lots of holiday images
- Had a meeting with Julie to discuss her input into ASP project