- Bates – The Memory of photography, and then discussing it on the photographic readers group. Fascinating essay – which spiralled off into a range of discussions about archives and there meaning together with ‘fire hosing’ – a term I was not familiar with.
- On Nan Goldin’s new exhibition – which I would love to see, although it looks heartbreaking
- What is happening in America now, a series of different views of, usually young, peoples thoughts about America and how its been translated into photography.
- Prize results. The winner shows a series of images about what is going on in Venezuela at present amid the riots and problems. A seriously disturbing story. Reportage at its best. The 3rd prize also talks about social injustice – in Mexico – but here the images are softer and catch your attention via their beauty.
- Started working on the images for A3 – attending a club for war gamers. I put some of the images up on their website and asked for captions – which were often funny. The main complaint was – why isn’t there one of me – so I am definitely welcome back!
- Still failing on images for A2 – combination of weather and health. May have to rethink.
About the issues involved in talking images of children combining today’s political climate with real worries about what is shown where.