Week ending 18/10/19
Further to discussion with another OCA student who commented that she was advised to do weekly summaries by her tutor I remembered that i used to do exactly that and found it helpful. So, I will try again.
- Theatre of the Face – Max Kozloff
- Fascinating if hard going at times
- The Autobiography of Miss Wish – Nina Bernard
- Depressing – important tale to be told, a long-term history of a person struggling with life
- Big Brother – Louis Quail
- Rereading, love this book
- Now and Then, England 197- 2015 – Daniel Meadows
- Summary of life’s work with additional stories
- Mother – Paul Graham
- Loads of thoughts here, wish I had done similar, poignant images that show that focusing on the face is not always essential
- Pictures of black people commemorating issues in America
- Mass of archive boxes and photo albums
- A cat in a box
- Random things in the street
- Should I have another go at a daily photograph? And see what I can see? Practice at looking.
- Looking at and starting to sort archival photos from my husband’s family
- How to take images for Vice Versa
- Possibility of using curtain as a backdrop
- Can I use Sam and family? – against an animal background possibly?
- Organising shoot of 3 people in same place – delayed for practical reasons, availability of subjects and weather
- I wish I hadn’t missed the opportunity of doing a similar project to Paul Grahams mother.
- Wondering about taking pictures of slowly dismantling her house and belongings, sacks for the charity, rubbish, empty cupboards etc. Again, a partly missed chance as process already started and maybe too raw.
- Struggling to get my mojo together at the present. Too many changes recently and too much time spent doing nothing.